Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fly High

"How? Why? When? Where?" How does it feel when you are flying? How do the landscapes look when you see them from a height? This curiosity and excitement remained for a long time in life till I really experienced it. When I was in schools, I used to watch these things on TV, and always wondered "When will I do such things?" - May be money was the factor which made me wonder that way.. Today it's not about money, it's about I wanted to experience something like this and I am going for it, that's it! This parasailing was an inspiration from one of my friends who celebrated one of the special days in her life in a grand way by doing parasailing. I grabbed the instructor's phone number and details from her blog. That's it, I got in touch with Mr Neeraj (9886797597) who conducts this adventurous sport.. Everything was set for the weekend, but then on a beautiful friday, the day IT people long for a long week, though it comes every week, turned out to be a shock to the entire, B'lore. The entire city was stunned, menaced by few creatures on this earth who belong to nowhere and who love no human being. Serial bomb blasts, 4 according to one tv channel, 5,6,7 according few other news channels., startled living beings in Bangalore. Nothing affected my plans for the parasailing though. My eagerness to pull out few people from my team in office went in vain. It was such a disaster that, 1 out of some 60 people accepted my invite. It was Amit who accompanied me and my previous colleague, a friend, Lawrence.. Landmark: On a fine Sunday morning, all the roads of b'lore gave a feeling of the old garden city, when there were not many vehicles around.... The roads were empty like never before.. becasue of the bomb blasts' after-effect. We were supposed to go to KR Puram hanging bridge from where the parasailing place was exactly 9kms towards Chennai & Tirupati. From the hanging brindge we kept riding till we reached a "Bharat Petroleum Bunk" on the LEFT side.. (one comes on the right side also, but that's not the one). We stopped by and called up the instructor, he directed us from there to the destination! On the field: While we entered the field, we could see the instructor was already there with his gypsi. and his 007 son was getting ready for the sailing. As we entered the field we were getting scared. But this kid, Jaswant, who had so much of guts to sail alone in the air, quite a good height, really inspired us. Jaswant - a fearless dude! We signed on a sheet of paper, didn't read a single line then, but I guess it was about out we bearing our life's responsibility.. Amit was the first one to go... He was all excited as the parachute was being tied to him. The gypsi which had the other end of the rope, started and move a 100 meter away.. and then 1 2 3 start....in few seconds Amit reached heights! Next was the Lawrence's turn. He would also reach quite a good height but he was cribbing that it was not as high as the one he had done before in Jakkur..
That was quite a good height

Finally it was my turn. I don't know what was going on in my mind then, but it was a great feeling... As the intructor took his gypsi forward, I was asked to run 2 steps; yes with those 2 steps in next few seconds I also reached high high on the sky.. I carried Amit's Nokia N95 cell phone with the camera switched on to video mode.

start of the adventure
I can't explain the feeling when you are so high in the sky, your legs are hanging down, and down you see the large green field, all of my friends looked so tiny, there were many cattles on the field, everything looked so beautiful; I didn't want to come down. But for the money we were paying, 300 RS, 5 minutes was like too much of time. Landing was smooth. Mission accomplished feeling :0).
Landing was smooth but it was me who gave it little twist
We then paid him money and thank'd him for the wonderful experince he provided us through parasailing, I promised him his son's photographs which I had captured in my camera. It was then the time to say bye to everyone and the field. On the way back home it rained heavily, and we were supposed to go a friend's place for lunch, we went there, had lunch and reached home early in the evening.

5 comments:

  1. @kulli- awesome maga...wow that shud have been fun :)..and Jaswant oh my GOD i would have never done that at his age..BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee hee :) Am jealous yaa - even i wanna fly like that :P :) n jaswant is the cutest 5 yr old i ve seen till date :P :) Well written one indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly, who said Jaswant is 5 year old? He is about 2-3 years old..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly, who said Jaswant is 5 year old? He is about 2-3 years old..
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! 2-3 yrs - nice :)

    ReplyDelete